Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech and Data Centre – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our team
We have a dedicated team of highly skilled technicians and engineers with a wealth of experience and a proven track record of delivering results for our ever-growing client base.
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring a Validation Test Technician to support a very high-profile automotive manufacturing client in Co. Galway
The Validation test technician will be responsible inside the laboratory, prepare and make the validation tests according to processes and design Rules in the time planned and the level of quality required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Before the test, prepare the test environment in preparation for the validation/test engineer to evaluate before test start
- Check parts are available, identified and at the right level of representativeness regarding the test required, populate relevant logistics trackers and lab bar-coding system
- Check with the validation engineer that the tools are capable for measurement required
- Realize the test (electrical, mechanical, environmental, reliability) in the standard time and in line with the instruction sheet (test specification)
- Input into writing of the test report taking into account the real test conditions, use pictures for more comprehension.
- Contribute to product problems solving, support 5W2H / PDCA
- Police parts logistics and correct archive the parts after test (bags, labels, boxes, pallets)
- Coordinate planning for the planned testing and allocated resources
- Coordinate the specific tools needed for the validation
- Familiarise with working system using bench equipment to enable view on delivered product and to understand customer problems
- Carry out all work to comply with Quality Management System and Validation Engineering Processes
- Work with Methods & Tools (M&T) team to develop test environment solutions to enable Design & Process Validation (DV/PV)
- Test setup and verification of test platforms
- You have authority to stop the job if you feel there is an unsafe work practice which could result in a risk of injury, have an environmental impact or risk to equipment and other personnel.
- Cert/Diploma e.g. Electronic Training, Physics & Instrumentation, Mechatronics
- Min 3 years test Technician level certification experience
- Knowledge of automotive electronics systems an advantage
- Test experience with knowledge of test & validation methods in the automotive industry
- Min 3 years test lab experience
- Basic proficiency in National Instruments (LabVIEW/or TestStand)
- Good team player able-ness to work within a multinational team environment
- Methodical, professional, self-motivated and level of self-awareness
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate in MS Office suite (ECDL)
At Atlantach we offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlements.
- Flexible hours and remote working options; role dependant.
- Healthcare Insurance cover.
- Further education financial assistance.
- Access to a personal financial advisor.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee engagement and company-wide events.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer