Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech and Data Centre – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our team
We have a dedicated team of highly skilled technicians and engineers with a wealth of experience and a proven track record of delivering results for our ever-growing client base.
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring a Test and Validation Engineer to support a very high-profile automotive manufacturing client in Co. Galway
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test service request process, review, and analysis
- Analyse customer specification with the R&D and Quality Project Team Members, challenge the tests requested and define the final validation plan to build the final offer.
- Review customer Environmental/reliability Validation Requirements and Test Plan
- Perform Validation Design reviews
- Support product Risk Assessments (if applicable) to the product design team.
- Climatic & Vibration/Shock test fixture requirement review with Prototype Lead.
- Operational Test S/W & H/W Requirements review with R&D Tools group.
- RFQ with suppliers & Purchase Order generation of all items identified in BOM.
- Manage the planning inside the Environmental laboratory and allocate resources.
- Responsible for obtaining the specific tools needed for the validation (need specification and follow-up)
- Manage the cost of the validation activities.
- Familiarise with the working system using test bench equipment to enable view on delivered product and to understand customer problems.
- Carry out all work to comply with Quality Management System and Validation Engineering Processes e.g.
- Labelling /Cataloguing received Test samples as per Test plan.
- Kick-off Test Setup & Execution using test chamber & test bench.
- Operational and Non-operational test Data sorting/review.
- Participate in Failure analysis of Validation issues with support from internal & external customer/report on actions daily in QRQC meetings until Failure Analysis is closed.
- Final Customer Report generation, peer review cycle/closure/release to customer.
- Recirculation of test results into design iterations through Design Review’s.
- Input to concepts and alternate solutions.
- Generation of customer test reports, peer-reviews of data and follow up on approval.
- Create daily and weekly activity reports on project and non-project related activities using dashboards made available.
- Participate in department and platform lessons learned reviews across the various projects.
- Contribute to the improvements of the laboratory’s tools such as: instruction sheet, Test request Management tool development and validation of test environment processes automation.
- Minimize test cycle times.
- Provide work instructions to test houses to enable efficient transfer of test equipment.
- Implement a robust and efficient automated test benches.
- A relevant Technical Engineering Degree e.g., Computer & Electronic Engineering, Physics & Instrumentation OR Mechatronics
- 2 – 4 years’ experience
- Proficient in National Instruments (LabVIEW/or Test Stand)
- Automotive experience an advantage
- Computer literate in MS Office suite.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Job Category||Automation / Controls, Electrical, Engineering, Validation|