Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech and Data Centre – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our Team
We have earned a reputation for excellence in project delivery and safety leadership. This happens because we plan for success.
Every staff member begins each day with a clear goal – Do my work safely and get home safely. We are aligned with our customers’ objectives and have built trusting partnerships with each client to bring collective success in every venture.
Our safety culture is a culmination of many years’ hard work and lots of learning by people at every level in the organisation. These learnings have been woven into our safety processes and systems. Because our safety culture reflects us all, it’s lived by us all. Safety is everything.
This is a Hybrid role, you will work remotely from home with travel to our client sites as required on a weekly basis
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of advice to management and employees at all levels on matters relating to health and safety.
- Ensuring that the company’s safety statement and supporting documentation is up to date and in accordance with all relevant legislation and best safety practice.
- Supporting the company’s policy of providing a safe working environment for all employees.
- Monitoring the regulatory environment and liaising with state agencies and other bodies on matters pertinent to Health and Safety.
- Ensuring that all records relating to the Health and Safety of staff are maintained and kept up to date.
- Assisting in the organisation of safety training courses in consultation with managers.
- Increasing safety awareness within the company by regular staff and management briefings.
- Identifying training needs of all employees and the development of training programmes in consultation with managers and supervisors.
- Assisting in the implementation of auditing and inspection procedures in consultation with other managers, and advice regarding corrective procedures.
- Participating in the data input to IT systems to support the company’s H&S implementation plan & strategy.
- Completing investigations into accidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences and provide comprehensive reports on all necessary actions.
- Carry out your duties to meet Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements at all times.
- Managing client relationships with the promotion of customer focus.
- Stop works in a case where any unsafe activities or actions are taking place.
- Stand down teams with immediate effect from work activities.
- Initiate investigation into breaches of policies or procedures.
- Report any breaches of SHEQ to the senior management team.
- Qualification in Health and Safety
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Train the Trainer Certified in Manual Handling Instructing
- You will have a strong understanding of health and safety legislation and how to implement it in a field / site environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing / construction industry would be an advantage.
- Successful candidate must be willing to travel.
At Atlantach we offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlements.
- Flexible hours and remote working options; role dependant.
- Healthcare Insurance cover.
- Further education financial assistance.
- Access to a personal financial advisor.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee engagement and company-wide events
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Job Category||Health & Safety|