Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech, IT and communications – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our team
We have a dedicated team of highly skilled technicians and engineers with a wealth of experience and a proven track record of delivering results for our ever-growing client base.
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring a Project Technician to support a very high-profile medical device client in Co. Galway. Your job purpose will be to manage Equipment Project Requirements from the Quotation Phase through to Mechanical Build & Commissioning Phase completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with our Equipment Team & internal customers to understand their equipment requirements for each assigned project.
- Work with the broader Equipment Team to estimate costings for upcoming projects prior to customer final approval.
- Co-ordinate the Mechanical and Electrical assembly & Installation of repeat build Equipment for Galway and other sites.
- Confirm schedule alignment within the Equipment Team to develop the overall schedule for each assigned project.
- Develop Request for Quotation (RFQ) documents for external vendors to review prior to submission of quotes.
- Work with external vendors to attain accurate quotes for project requirements.
- Work with the Inventory Control Group to determine the Standard Component requirement for each assigned project & PO Placement.
- Liaising with Inventory Control & Equipment Build Groups to achieve scheduled Build Start Dates.
- Providing technical input on equipment build issues / potential improvement based on previous project experience.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure that the equipment is built according to specifications.
- Ensure that all drawing & associated document updates required during the equipment build are captured as per BSc procedure.
- Record any lessons learned & update procedures as required
- Candidates are required to hold an Engineering qualification equivalent to or above NFQ Level 7
- The person should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication / organization skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of the principles of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- The ability to consult & accurately interpret both Mechanical & Electrical drawing information is essential.
- Strong computer MS Office skills (PP, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in the use of Solidworks is desirable but not essential for this role.
- Must demonstrate an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Fundamental understanding of Project Management Systems, principles, and activities.
- Team performer with proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- This is primarily a desk-based role on a Hybrid Basis as required.
- There may be a requirement to visit vendors in Ireland & USA.
- There may be a requirement as part of the role to travel to other sites as various projects require.
- Working times are Monday to Friday; however, weekend work may be required.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer