Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech and Data Centre – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our team
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring a Process Engineer to support a very high-profile bio-pharmaceutical client in Co Sligo.
To provide technical support and program management to all relevant functional departments and NPI’s throughout the site. To provide engineering support to all functional departments, to support NPI activities and to reduce standard product costs by the successful identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering support to all manufacturing and control system related issues. Tasks include, daily trouble shooting, optimisation, cost reduction, training and coaching of manufacturing personnel.
- Support of all commissioning and validation activities during project start-up.
- Process and equipment optimisation in order to sustain and improve product quality, yields and throughput. Making recommendations and implementing measures to improve production systems, equipment performance, yields and quality of product.
- Execution of process development on existing products or new late stage clinical products including scale up to plant equipment.
- Identifying continuous improvement activities and leading or participating in cross-functional teams to implement. Supporting activities in the areas of cost reduction, process efficiency and operational excellence.
- Providing on-the-floor technical support to the Production Team Leaders for process/equipment optimization and troubleshooting.
- Identification and project management of continuous improvement projects.
- Development and update of batch and cleaning documentation for NPIs
- Support of process front runs for both NPI and commercial processes
- Development of process control recipes for NPIs and optimisation of existing commercial process recipes
- Adheres to and supports all EHS&E standards, procedures and policies.
You have authority to stop the job if you feel there is an unsafe work practice which could result in a risk of injury, have an environmental impact or risk to equipment and other personnel.
- A relevant third level Degree or higher qualification in chemical engineering, process engineering or related technical discipline.
- 2 years’ experience in process engineering
- Experience in pharmaceutical, oil & gas or Bio-pharma is essential
- Experience in regulated environment is essential
- Relevant experience of batch processing, automation, technical transfers, scale up, commissioning and validation in a cGMP pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements are required
- Leadership experience is desirable
- Experience in new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities is desirable.
- Experience in ATEX rated environments or handing potent compounds desirable
- Experience in automation, Delta V or Pomsnet systems desirable
At Atlantach we offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlements.
- Flexible hours and remote working options; role dependant.
- Healthcare Insurance cover.
- Further education financial assistance.
- Access to a personal financial advisor.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee engagement and company-wide events.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer