Posted 3 weeks ago
Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech and Data Centre – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our team
We have a dedicated team of highly skilled technicians and engineers with a wealth of experience and a proven track record of delivering results for our ever-growing client base.
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring a Mechanical Design Engineer to support a very high-profile automotive manufacturing client in Co. Galway
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyse requirements specifications in order to define performance criteria to be achieved.
- Develop innovative and reliable solutions that fulfil specifications.
- Participate to the Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA).
- Design 3D model and prepare definition files for products, prototypes and test means.
- Leads design activities with internal and external contributors.
- Share technical topics with prototype workshop and suppliers.
- Prepare technical file to justify the choice of concept and solutions.
- Build 2D drawing with functional dimensions according to ISO standard.
- Build tolerance stack-up and optimize dimensioning.
- Define and identify functional and critical characteristics.
- Support project planning edition and update.
- Present product definition status at Design Review and Project Validation Committee.
- Apply CAD methodologies and deliver CAD data that pass Q-Checker.
- Manage Product definition file into the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) database.
- Perform activities in compliance with Metier Development Plan of his/her PG/PL
- Review Internal requirements, Customer Requirements, Specification.
- In charge of the robust design / validation in line with the economical targets
- Support technical architecture and standards assignments
- Follow Standardization rules
- Support design reviews, internal and with suppliers
- You have authority to stop the job if you feel there is an unsafe work practice which could result in a risk of injury, have an environmental impact or risk to equipment and other personnel.
- A relevant Technical Engineering Degree e.g., Mechanical, Design, Computer & Electronic Engineering, Physics & Instrumentation OR Mechatronics OR similar
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Product Design
- Experience in 2D, 3D drawing tools.
- Experience in CATIA desirable
- Strong communication skills
At Atlantach we offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlements.
- Flexible hours and remote working options; role dependant.
- Healthcare Insurance cover.
- Further education financial assistance.
- Access to a personal financial advisor.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee engagement and company-wide events.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Job Category||Design, Mechanical|