Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech and Data Centre – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our Team
We have a dedicated team of highly skilled technicians and engineers with a wealth of experience and a proven track record of delivering results for our ever-growing client base.
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring an Equipment Controls/Automation Technician to support a very high-profile medical device client in Co. Galway.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Strong PLC troubleshooting experience (Allen Bradley, going online, stepping through code, etc). Must be capable of reading and interpreting Allen Bradley software.
- Strong troubleshooting experience of automation equipment.
- Equipment electrical and controls troubleshooting experience.
- Strong general automation experience (motion control, vision systems, robotics, mechanical, etc).
- PC troubleshooting experience an advantage (PC Hardware troubleshooting, Hard-drive cloning/replacements).
- Proven experience on Equipment Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Optimization of new equipment.
- Keeping up to date on new technologies.
- You have authority to stop the job if you feel there is an unsafe work practice which could result in a risk of injury, have an environmental impact or risk to equipment and other personnel.
- Not allow the equipment to go back into production if it is not performing to the correct level or if there is a safety issue with the equipment.
- Level 6 or greater in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing / Mechatronics Engineering and / or Senior Trades (minimum HETAC Level 6 qualification).
- 3 + years’ experience in a modern manufacturing environment with previous experience in some of the following: pneumatics; PLC’s; instrumentation; hydraulics; Vision systems, PC Hardware etc.
- Very strong experience in PLC troubleshooting, particularly Allen Bradly PLC’s. Candidate must be comfortable troubleshooting modern Allen Bradley systems, commissioning equipment, software troubleshooting, etc. (Includes RS View, FactoryTalk, ControlLogix).
- An advantage to have experience in Stepper/Servo motion control, drives/controllers, Robots such as Kuka/Denso, robotics: Setup/maintenance/servicing or Vision Systems such as Cognex.
- Troubleshooting electrical control systems.
- PC troubleshooting experience.
At Atlantach we offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlements
- Flexible hours and remote working options; role dependant
- Healthcare Insurance cover.
- Further education financial assistance.
- Access to a personal financial advisor.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee engagement and company-wide events.
This is a shift position and flexibility is required to work required shift pattern.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Job Category||Automation / Controls, Equipment|