Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech, Data Centre and Pharma – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our team
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring an Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer to support a very high-profile bio-pharmaceutical client in Co Sligo.
To provide support to all electrical activities and assigned multi-disciplinary projects. To maximize the performance of process and utility equipment. To ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Safety and Finance. To control and monitor all site electrical utilities. To actively participate in energy reduction . To manage electrical projects and ensure they are completed in compliance with European Electrical standards & ETCI rules & regulations. To ensure the site electrical infrastructure is maintained according to industry best standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of project documents, Scope of works, User requirements specifications, work break down structure, project schedules, project budget tracking, project monitoring and control.
- Project performance upon completion.
- Technical support engineer for various electrical elements of projects executed on site.
- Ensure safety standards are achieved and safe working practices are followed at all times.
- Follow all corporate guidelines for electrical/ instrument specifications, mechanical, civil installation activities and commissioning.
- Weekly reporting of electrical works carried out.
- Active participation in the energy team, project manage energy projects life cycle, engage in Energy reduction through procurement, project definition & reduction suggestions.
- To update all project related electrical drawings to reflect as build project delivered.
- ARC flash PPE requirements.
- To review electrical installs, ensure they meet the site electrical requirements.
- Review all electrical drawings.
- Review site electrical permits ensuring work is completed meeting all safety requirements and according to Electrical regulations.
- Ensure that the site electrical systems are designed/maintained/upgraded in compliance with European electrical standards and ETCI rules and regulations.
- Actively engage in developing/maintaining an Electrical network throughout plan.
- Keep up to date with latest technologies & updates to electrical standards
- Manage and co-ordinate the site efforts in planning and executing a site electrical power down/up ensuring work is GMP & safety compliant with minimal impact to site activities.
- Liaise with the Electrical utility company on ensuring the 10kV supply to the site is maintained and meets ESB Network standards & specifications & safety requirements.
- Keep personal training up to date / complete all site training as required.
- Provide information for Technical Electrical SOP for the site.
- Review electrical works carried out on site.
- Complete Preventative maintenance job plans for electrical systems.
- Complete and document electrical testing on sites as per PPM.
- Complete ATEX inspections and recommendations for repairs.
- Execute and support multidiscipline projects.
- Commission and validate electrical equipment.
- Specify and install instruments which will meet the plant scheduling, quality regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with Production to ensure the plant performance is achieved due to correct selection and installation of electrical systems.
- Liaise with Internal/External Engineering Personnel and contract maintenance providers in designing, and installing/commissioning equipment.
- Monitor and evaluate electrical installations on site to ensure site power requirements are continuously achieved.
- To support the Energy team initiatives
- You have authority to stop the job if you feel there is an unsafe work practice which could result in a risk of injury, have an environmental impact or risk to equipment and other personnel.
- Direct Technicians on the planned works
- Improve processes and Procedure
- Sign off on projects ensuring a high standard of workmanship , Specifications are met and equipment and systems is fit for purpose.
- A relevant third level Degree or higher qualification Bachelors Degree: Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering (OR) National Craft Certificate in Electrical Engineering & Degree in Management
- 10 years plus of Experience as an Electrician or Instrumentation Technician.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements are required
- Leadership experience is desirable
At Atlantach we offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlements.
- Flexible hours and remote working options; role dependant.
- Healthcare Insurance cover.
- Further education financial assistance.
- Access to a personal financial advisor.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee engagement and company-wide events.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Job Category||Electrical, Engineering, Instrumentation|