Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech and Data Centre – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our team
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring an Electrical Controls Design Engineerto support our very high-profile Medical Device client in Co. Galway.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team designing automated production equipment in a fast paced, modern environment.
- You will be responsible for the selection, integration and function of the power and controls system components.
- Working closely with the mechanical and PLC programming team members to ensure the equipment works as per specification.
- Dealing and interacting with vendors for the selection of the components in line with budget and schedule.
- Production of the electrical and controls CAD package to the electrical build team.
- Developing the bill of materials for the electrical and controls components.
- Rev. control of the drawing package up to the final as built set are completed.
- You have authority to stop the job if you feel there is an unsafe work practice which could result in a risk of injury, have an environmental impact or risk to equipment and other personnel.
- Ensure the design is fit for purpose from as per sequence of operation ensuring the safety of the user and in line with the required directives.
- The successful candidate will be trade qualified or equivalent with at least 2 years’ experience in an equipment controls design / CAD role
- Previous electrical CAD design experience ideally within the Industrial equipment / production engineering
- Experience in upgrades of equipment and redesign of control systems.
- Experience in equipment design / build necessary.
- Experience in specifying controls hardware for controls systems which include sensors, Instrumentation, interfacing relays, signal convertors etc.
- Experience in specifying Electrical power hardware for machine systems which include breakers, cable sizing ,fusing, contactors, safety circuits etc.
- Literacy in computer operating systems and applications such as MS Office Suite Products (e.g. Windows, Word, Excel).
- Good documentation experience in a controlled environment.
- Experience in specific electrical CAD packages required.
- Understanding of electrical machine control and safety circuitry required.
- An ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in CE marking requirements a definite advantage
At Atlantach we offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlements.
- Flexible hours and remote working options; role dependant.
- Healthcare Insurance cover.
- Further education financial assistance.
- Access to a personal financial advisor.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee engagement and company-wide events.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Job Category||Automation / Controls, Design, Electrical|