Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech and Data Centre – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our team
We have a dedicated team of highly skilled technicians and engineers with a wealth of experience and a proven track record of delivering results for our ever-growing client base.
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring a Controls / Automation Technician to support a very high-profile medical device client in Co. Galway.
This role is a Night Shift position working Wednesday night to Friday night (6:30pm to 6:30am), and 1 Saturday night a month.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all Quality requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of data input to Maintenance systems
- Ensure all executed maintenance activities are recorded on maintenance system.
- Minimise downtime on Equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem-solving techniques.
- Liaise with Area Supervisor / Senior Equipment Maintenance Engineer to understand equipment down priorities.
- Issue Incident Reports on these issues as appropriate.
- Ensure any follow-up activities associated with the issue are documented and closed out effectively.
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Identify, quantify, implement and present on equipment continuous improvement projects.
- Generate / Edit Maintenance procedures / knowledge sharing documents to reflect work practice.
- Assists with the assessment of equipment spares requirements.
- Co-ordinate and communicate high impacting equipment / safety issues.
- Level 6 or greater in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing / Mechatronics Engineering and / or Senior Trades (minimum HETAC Level 6 qualification).
- 3 + years’ experience in a modern manufacturing environment with previous experience in some of the following: pneumatics; PLC’s; instrumentation; hydraulics; Vision systems, PC Hardware etc.
- Excellent manufacturing equipment electrical troubleshooting experience
- Strong PLC troubleshooting experience (Allen Bradley, going online, stepping through code, etc)
- Strong automation troubleshooting experience (motion control, vision systems, robotics, mechanical, etc).
- PC troubleshooting experience: Hardware & Software, diagnosing PC hardware issues (motherboard, RAM, Hard-Drive), Hard-Drive imaging and replacement, optimising PC performance
- Experience with PC virtualisation would be a distinct advantage
- A good knowledge of electronics and software-controlled systems.
- Strong structured / logical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication / presentation skills.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Experience in identifying and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Flexibility on shifts.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Job Category||Automation / Controls|