Atlantach Technical Services is an Engineering solutions company specialising in the project management, construction and commissioning market in Ireland and the USA. We are a trusted partner to leading blue chip companies across many sectors with project work spanning semiconductor, automotive, MedTech and Data Centre – just some of the focus areas we work in.
Join Our team
We have a dedicated team of highly skilled technicians and engineers with a wealth of experience and a proven track record of delivering results for our ever-growing client base.
Currently, we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team and are hiring a Mechanical Engineer to support a large-scale project with a very high-profile client in Co. Kildare
The successful engineer will be working on the facilities systems as part of the Bulk Chemical Distribution department. This department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the site’s complex chemical distribution systems across the facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Role modelling a commitment to safety, quality and operational excellence.
- Understand system reliability and availability and manage any scheduled or unscheduled down-time and the associated risk.
- Be the primary owner for various chemical systems, such as transfer systems, pumps an al related process and procedures to ensure a high level of safety at all times.
- System owner for sustaining and continuous improvement of existing systems.
- Accountable for safety, system operations, maintenance procedures, reliability, and cost.
- Strong problem solving ability. Be able to apply critical thinking when examining systems with safety and reliability in mind.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with minimum direction, self-motivator with own initiative.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present and explain data to both technical and non-technical forums.
- Supports projects, factory task forces, cross-site teams, cross-discipline teams, Module Teams, Facility Process Transfer, incident resolution, etc. when their systems are involved.
- Ability to manage projects from concept to delivery in a fast paced environment.
- Safety conscious and knowledge of COHE
- You have authority to stop the job if you feel there is an unsafe work practice which could result in a risk of injury, have an environmental impact or risk to equipment and other personnel.
- You will schedule tasks and approve works on the various critical systems.
- You must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Hon) in Chemical, Mechanical, Marine or similar discipline (FETAC Level 8 equivalent or higher). Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar Engineering role
- Experienced in Facilities / Utilities (HVAC, AHU’s, Boilers, Pumping systems, Process Delivery Systems etc).
- Experience on high purity Gas or Chemical manufacturing or delivery systems would be an advantage.
- Proficient PC skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Strong team working ethos.
- Strong team player
- Problem Solver in a controlled manner.
- Ability to work well in diverse team environment
- Excellent computer skills and strong data analysis capability
- Statistical process analysis
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and ability to apply them.
- Experience of interpreting P&IDs
At Atlantach we offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlements.
- Flexible hours and remote working options; role dependant.
- Healthcare Insurance cover.
- Further education financial assistance.
- Access to a personal financial advisor.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee engagement and company-wide events.
Atlantach Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer