We recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
- The CEO is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on this policy rests with all throughout the company.
Our partnership focus:
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk, ensuring that we uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with all our stakeholders.
- Workers, without distinction, will have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
- Atlantach adopts an open attitude towards the activities of trade unions and their organisational activities.
- Atlantach workers’ representatives are not discriminated against and have access to carry out their representative functions in the workplace.
- Where the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining is restricted under law, the employer facilitates, and does not hinder, the development of parallel means for independent and free association and bargaining.
- We shall support the development of our external stakeholders through led training courses and using our facilities for all of our business partners to hold seminars and industry meetings.
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship and will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices.
- We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our standards of service.
- We shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region, particularly our employee-chosen charities.
- We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement.
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees of whatever nationality, colour, race or religious belief are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment.
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment in line with our health and safety policy and safe systems of work.
- We shall develop environmental policies and objectives as part of the business planning cycle.